Home > Testosterone > Atrial fibrillation > Testosterone and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Testosterone cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is reported only by a few people who take Testosterone.
We study 186 people who have side effects while taking Testosterone from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Testosterone and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Testosterone (latest outcomes from 388 users) has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 84,600 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 185 people reported to have side effects when taking Testosterone. Among them, 3 people (1.62%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Testosterone when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Testosterone * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Testosterone ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Betapace (3 people, 100.00%)
- Sotalol hcl (3 people, 100.00%)
- Cortisone (3 people, 100.00%)
- Vicks formula 44 (3 people, 100.00%)
- Humatrope (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Testosterone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Testosterone and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Testosterone
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the effect of taking testosterone while having sciliosis?
(Asked by a 20 year old man who has Idiopathic Scoliosis, and takes Testosterone)
For transgenders, do you know what is the effect of taking testosterone while having scoliosis?
For specialist of endocrine/orthopedic/basta specialists:
(gender therapists)- what effects are you expecting when your patient is taking testosterone while having scoliosis? Will you let them still t ...
- Do you have issues snoring from testosterone
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Titanium Plates, Broken Bones, Back Issues,, Kenee Issues, and takes Testosterone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate)
I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan, had a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY, 2005.JULY 28THlevels were extremely low. my V.A. doctor put me on testesterone 2011 BREAST CANCER, AUG 11TH 2012 HIT AND RUN ON MY MOTORCYCLE. DUE TO all the pain meds chemo, etcetera. MY testosterone. At first it was the best t ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Testosterone, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Levitra)
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Testosterone, Atrial fibrillation
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Poison Tobacco, Cannabis for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Vyvanse for a patient with Depression - Adolescents, Adhd. The patient has Sinus Tachycardia, Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated
Comments: Resting heart rate is virtually always over 100. Exercise bike machine put my heart rate up to 204. My heart rate started at 160. I have a bit of abdominal obesity. I don't exercise. My heart rate never goes past 130 when I'm not doing physical activity.
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
More related studies for: Testosterone, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.