Testosterone and Hearing loss - from FDA reports
Hearing loss is reported only by a few people who take Testosterone. We study 1,103 people who have side effects while taking Testosterone from FDA. Among them, 3 have Hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hearing loss and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 27, 2017
1,103 people reported to have side effects when taking Testosterone.
Among them, 3 people (0.27%) have Hearing loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hearing loss when taking Testosterone *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Testosterone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Respiratory Disorder (1 person, 33.33%)
- Primary Hypogonadism (1 person, 33.33%)
- Oedema (1 person, 33.33%)
- Neuritis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Indigestion (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pradaxa (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nystatin (1 person, 33.33%)
- Metformin Hydrochloride (1 person, 33.33%)
- Lorazepam (1 person, 33.33%)
- Celebrex (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tinnitus (2 people, 66.67%)
- Stroke (1 person, 33.33%)
- Pulmonary Toxicity (1 person, 33.33%)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (1 person, 33.33%)
- Agranulocytosis (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hearing loss when taking Testosterone?
- Check symptoms - is hearing loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHearing loss and drugs with ingredients of testosterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHearing loss and Testosterone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Testosterone has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Testosterone 1,442 users)
Hearing loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,835 Hearing loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Testosteronea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hearing lossHearing loss
Could your condition cause Hearing lossHearing loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 60 year old female who has recently suffered a sudden onset of hearing loss in my second ear. The first occurred about 15 years ago. It has already impacted me in my profession and already limited social life and paints a bleak picture for the future. Is it possible that my hearing loss ...
Greetings... Brad here. Diagnosed with HOCM in 2007 - asymptomatic until 2012 had first of three (2012, 2014 and 2016) minor bouts of AFIB - mild. 2012 started on Metrolpolol 50mg daily; continued with thru now. Fast forward --- now at 59 years old --- I'm contemplating the use of ...
I am the son (born 1956) of a DES mother. (Diethylstilbestrol) I have a moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. My brother (born 1955), also a DES son has a profound hearing loss. Like a high percentage of DES sons, my brother had undescended testicles. About 35 years ago I went to a ...
User reviews to the study
Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...