Review: could Thiamine hcl cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Thiamine hcl, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pantoprazole, and have Hiv infection.
We study 467 people who have side effects while taking Thiamine hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Thiamine hcl and have Renal failure >>>
Thiamine hcl has active ingredients of thiamine (vitamin b1). It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Thiamine hcl 473 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Renal failure 72,089 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 467 people reported to have side effects when taking Thiamine hcl. Among them, 8 people (1.71%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Thiamine hcl when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl * :
|Renal failure||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||12.50%||37.50% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (2 people, 25.00%)
- Menstruation irregular (1 people, 12.50%)
- Pulmonary embolism (1 people, 12.50%)
- Contraception (1 people, 12.50%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole (4 people, 50.00%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 37.50%)
- Heparin (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lactulose (2 people, 25.00%)
- Linezolid (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Thiamine Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Thiamine hcl and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Thiamine hcl
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Hot flashes with palpitations and impending doom feelings (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Hot Flashes, Palpitations, Breathlessness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Impending Doom Feelings, Low Blood Sugar, Anxiety, and takes Thiamine (vitamin B1))
I have suffered from chemotherapy premature menopause for 10 years causing hot flashes with severe palpitations, panic, muscle weakness and fatigue; also come after anaerobic exercise with breathlessness. Any physical stress and anxiety will provoke them. I also get low blood sugar.
I'm looking int ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- I have stage 3 kidney failure and i drink folgers cappuccino daily one of the ingredients is dipotassium phosphate is that harmful to my kidneys
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Stage 3 Kidney Failure, Kidney Failure)
is folgers cappuccino mix ok to drink if you have stage 3 kidney failure
More questions for: Thiamine hcl, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Thiamine hcl, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Yaz, Aloe Vera, Garcinia Cambogia, Thiamine Nitrate, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid, Calcium D-Pantothenate for a patient with Contraception, Weight Loss, Hair Loss, Hair Loss In Women. The patient has Skin Hyperpigmentation
Comments: I have been taking these pills for the past month and suddenly this morning I noticed that I have a very whitening patch on my forehead and some brownish spots too on my forehead as well. Can you kindly advise if any of these can cause pigmentation?
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Thiamine, CoQ10, Adderall, Januvia, Metformin for a patient with Malabsorption, Thiamine Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Add, Diabetes. The patient has Basophil % Slightly Elevated (2+ Years), Albumin Globulin Ratio Abnormal, Bun Higher Than Normal (23), Muscle Cramps, Neuropathy Peripheral, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
Comments: I eat a low carb, high protein, high fat diet to help control diabetes. Fasting Insulin levels are at the very bottom of the normal range. I exercise a lot, average 2+ hours a day riding a bicycle at 16-18 mph, plus occasional running and swimming.
- A study of drug interactions between Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine, Questran Light, Coral Calcium for a patient with Diarrhea, Severe Diarrhea, Severe Diarrhea, Gallbladder Removed 40 Years Ago, Ostheoporosis.. The patient has Groin Pain
Comments: I had a hip prothesis operation 5 yerar ago. Had no complication. Some two years ago my diarrhea became severe, and uncontrollable. The gastro doctor recommended taking Questran Light. This helped perfect, but since some weeks my groins near to the prothesis started to ache . Would like to know if t ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Kidney Failure (loss of kidney function), Impotence And Age
Comments: I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
More related studies for: Thiamine hcl, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.