Review: could Thiamine hcl cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Thiamine hcl, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pantoprazole, and have Hiv infection.
We study 467 people who have side effects while taking Thiamine hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Thiamine hcl and have Renal failure >>>
Thiamine HCl has active ingredients of thiamine (vitamin b1). It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 473 Thiamine HCl users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 72,154 Renal failure patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 467 people reported to have side effects when taking Thiamine hcl. Among them, 8 people (1.71%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Thiamine hcl when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl * :
|Renal failure||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||12.50%||37.50% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Thiamine hcl ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (2 people, 25.00%)
- Menstruation irregular (1 people, 12.50%)
- Pulmonary embolism (1 people, 12.50%)
- Contraception (1 people, 12.50%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole (4 people, 50.00%)
- Fentanyl (3 people, 37.50%)
- Heparin (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lactulose (2 people, 25.00%)
- Linezolid (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Thiamine Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Thiamine hcl and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Thiamine hcl
- support group for people who have Renal failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman with Arterial Stenosis, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Renal Failure, Pulse Pressure Decreased
- A study of side effects of Olanzapine for a 42-year old man with Depression. The patient has Renal Failure (kidney dysfunction)
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a 44-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction), Urine Output - Decreased, Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body), Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Boniva, Levothyroxine Sodium, Losartan, Vitamin E, Thiamine, Vitamin A, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Cu-7, Niacin, Riboflavin, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Zeaxanthin, Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate, Lutein, Vitamin B6, DHA, EPA, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Cu-7, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium for a 75-year old woman with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Vision Problems, Hair Loss. The patient has Muscle Weakness Associated With Aging, Hair Loss
Recent Thiamine hcl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.