Thiamine hcl and Hyperkalemia - from FDA reports
Hyperkalemia is found among people who take Thiamine hcl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Ramipril, and have Prostate cancer. This review analyzes which people have Hyperkalemia with Thiamine hcl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 576 people who have side effects when taking Thiamine hcl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 03, 2017
576 people reported to have side effects when taking Thiamine hcl.
Among them, 30 people (5.21%) have Hyperkalemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Thiamine hcl *:
- female: 3.33 %
- male: 96.67 %
Age of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Thiamine hcl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.45 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 96.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer (12 people, 40.00%)
- Peritonitis Bacterial (3 people, 10.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 10.00%)
- Epilepsy (3 people, 10.00%)
- Alcoholic Liver Disease (3 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ramipril (25 people, 83.33%)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride (22 people, 73.33%)
- Omeprazole (22 people, 73.33%)
- Acetaminophen (22 people, 73.33%)
- Morphine Sulfate (19 people, 63.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Haemoglobin Decreased (4 people, 13.33%)
- Pneumonia Aspiration (3 people, 10.00%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 10.00%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (3 people, 10.00%)
- Cognitive Disorder (3 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperkalemia when taking Thiamine hcl?
- Check symptoms - is hyperkalemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHyperkalemia and drugs with ingredients of thiamine (vitamin b1).
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperkalemia and Thiamine hcl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Thiamine hcl has active ingredients of thiamine (vitamin b1). (latest outcomes from Thiamine hcl 584 users)
Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 40,553 Hyperkalemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Thiamine hcla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HyperkalemiaHyperkalemia
Could your condition cause HyperkalemiaHyperkalemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had noonan sysdrom since birth and hyperkalemia for several years. I am beginning to think they ae related, but it's too rare a combination for anyhone to kn ow about it. Can hyperkalemia be part olf te Noonan syndrome complex of problems?
Hello, I was diagnosed with hyperkalemia, and have started a round of antibiotics to treat an abscess tooth. In the past i have taken a probiotic with my antibiotic but am hesitant in doing so as I am not sure if it would spike my hyperkalemia.
I have been taking melatonin for a while and the potassium in my blood is too high. Does someone know if I can reverse this problem? If so, do I have to stop the melatonin completely and how long would it take to lower the potassium in my blood? Thank you!
User reviews to the study
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
Hello, my name is Lidya Hagos and I am un undergraduate pharmacist, me and my mentor are trying to conduct a study concerning the causation of hyperkalemia by kanamycin. This is very important as we have seen that kanamycin does seem to cause hyperkalemia but there is no literature that says ...
Took Dapsone for about a month and experienced higher and higher blood potassium levels until the level spiked to almost 7. Dapsone was immediately stopped and I was placed on Kayexalate which caused other problems that needed to be addressed immediately. At this point I am not on Dapsone and ...