Home > Thorazine > Renal failure > Thorazine and Renal failure
Review: could Thorazine cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Thorazine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizoaffective disorder.
We study 2,422 people who have side effects while taking Thorazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Thorazine and have Renal failure >>>
Thorazine (latest outcomes from 2,515 users) has active ingredients of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 72,089 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Thorazine. Among them, 34 people (1.40%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Thorazine when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine * :
|Renal failure||20.59%||79.41% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||18.75%||25.00%||18.75% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Thorazine ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizoaffective disorder (9 people, 26.47%)
- Affective disorder (9 people, 26.47%)
- Agitation (9 people, 26.47%)
- Sleep disorder (7 people, 20.59%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (19 people, 55.88%)
- Haldol (17 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (16 people, 47.06%)
- Risperdal (15 people, 44.12%)
- Zyprexa (15 people, 44.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Thorazine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Thorazine and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Thorazine
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- Can u take chlorpromazine when taking dalteparin sodium
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Blood Clot In The Legs, and takes Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Fragmin)
I have a blood clot in my leg and I'm takeing dalteparin sodium will chlorpromazine cos me any problems
- My husband was diagnosed with bipoler/manic schizophrenia and put on thorazine but could only afford to get 16 pills filled thats 3 a day for 4 days but he has a bottle of risperidone can he switch
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Bipolar /manic Schizophrenia, and takes Thorazine)
He is almost out of the Thorazine but has risperidone He doesn't have maine care to get meds Please tell me what he may have for symptoms if any at all thank you
- I have stage 3 kidney failure and i drink folgers cappuccino daily one of the ingredients is dipotassium phosphate is that harmful to my kidneys
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Stage 3 Kidney Failure, Kidney Failure)
is folgers cappuccino mix ok to drink if you have stage 3 kidney failure
More questions for: Thorazine, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Thorazine, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Kidney Failure (loss of kidney function), Impotence And Age
Comments: I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Skin Cosmetic Procedure. The patient has Renal Failure Nos (kidney dysfunction)
Comments: My father was prescribed, Valtrex a week after just being diagnosed with cancer. The dermologist did so after he had some skin lasered off his lips. Three days later, he goes into renal failure, and he passed away with in 12 hours.
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Thorazine, Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide for a patient with Depression, Overactive Thyroid, Biliary Cirrhosis Primary, Ldl/hdl Ratio, Osteoporosis. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: Have been suffering muscle aches and pains for the last 2 years. Pilates helps
but then it will go back to being the same.
In the last week i have noticed increased joint pain to my fingers (mostly middle)my feet and legs ache, like i have walked for 20miles. the only relief i get is from putting ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
More related studies for: Thorazine, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (6 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (10 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (14 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (37 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (1 hour ago)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 18-year old boy who has N-A-G (1 hour ago)