Review: could Thorazine cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Thorazine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizoaffective disorder.
We study 2,422 people who have side effects while taking Thorazine from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Thorazine and have Renal failure >>>
Thorazine has active ingredients of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Thorazine 2,516 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Renal failure 72,089 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 2,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Thorazine. Among them, 34 people (1.40%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Thorazine when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine * :
|Renal failure||20.59%||79.41% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||18.75%||25.00%||18.75% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Thorazine ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizoaffective disorder (9 people, 26.47%)
- Affective disorder (9 people, 26.47%)
- Agitation (9 people, 26.47%)
- Sleep disorder (7 people, 20.59%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (19 people, 55.88%)
- Haldol (17 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (16 people, 47.06%)
- Risperdal (15 people, 44.12%)
- Zyprexa (15 people, 44.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Thorazine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Thorazine and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Thorazine
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Thorazine, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
More reviews for: Thorazine, Renal failure
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have lost almost all memory while on these medications and I cannot remember that part of my life while on them I can only remember bits and pieces. I was on all this medication due to my drug induced psycosis and to stop my paranoia and wanting to harm myself and others. This was over 12 years ag ...
- I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
- My father was prescribed, Valtrex a week after just being diagnosed with cancer. The dermologist did so after he had some skin lasered off his lips. Three days later, he goes into renal failure, and he passed away with in 12 hours.
- Have been suffering muscle aches and pains for the last 2 years. Pilates helps
but then it will go back to being the same.
In the last week i have noticed increased joint pain to my fingers (mostly middle)my feet and legs ache, like i have walked for 20miles. the only relief i get is from putting ...
More related studies for: Thorazine, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.