Thorazine and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Thorazine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Affective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Thorazine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,675 people who have side effects when taking Thorazine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
2,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Thorazine.
Among them, 37 people (1.38%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Thorazine when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine *:
- female: 21.62 %
- male: 78.38 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Thorazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 34.29 %
- 40-49: 17.14 %
- 50-59: 22.86 %
- 60+: 25.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizoaffective Disorder (9 people, 24.32%)
- Agitation (9 people, 24.32%)
- Affective Disorder (9 people, 24.32%)
- Sleep Disorder (7 people, 18.92%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (19 people, 51.35%)
- Haldol (17 people, 45.95%)
- Ambien (16 people, 43.24%)
- Zyprexa (15 people, 40.54%)
- Abilify (15 people, 40.54%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (15 people, 40.54%)
- Diabetic Nephropathy (13 people, 35.14%)
- Diabetic Neuropathy (11 people, 29.73%)
- Weight Loss (10 people, 27.03%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (10 people, 27.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Thorazine?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of chlorpromazine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Thorazine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Thorazine has active ingredients of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Thorazine 2,833 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Thorazinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
after being on a low dose of thorazine i developed parkinsonism symptons as well as tardive dystonia. after stopping treatment fell into treatment resistant depression. worst depression of my life. previous meds that had worked for me no longer work. after 1 and a half years running out of ...