Review: could Tikosyn cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Tikosyn, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 5,480 people who have side effects while taking Tikosyn from FDA and social media. Among them, 139 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Death >>>
Tikosyn has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (view latest outcomes from 5,640 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 5,480 people reported to have side effects when taking Tikosyn. Among them, 155 people (2.83%) have Death.
Time on Tikosyn when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Tikosyn * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Tikosyn * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (35 people, 22.58%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 9.68%)
- Pulmonary valve replacement (4 people, 2.58%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 2.58%)
- Ventricular tachycardia (3 people, 1.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (15 people, 9.68%)
- Lasix (12 people, 7.74%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 7.10%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 5.16%)
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 5.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Tikosyn?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Death
- support group for people who take Tikosyn
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tikosyn, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
More reviews for: Tikosyn, Death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
- My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- my husband died in the hospital after being given dildazem, enoxiparin, fursomide, well... 18 different drugs (some two or three times) all in a 25 hour period. he died. i need to know why so many contradicting drugs were given .
More related studies for: Tikosyn, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.