Home > Tikosyn > Death > Tikosyn and Death
Review: could Tikosyn cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Tikosyn, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 5,480 people who have side effects while taking Tikosyn from FDA and social media. Among them, 139 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Death >>>
Tikosyn (latest outcomes from 5,640 users) has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Death (latest reports from 546,449 patients)
On Oct, 28, 2014: 5,480 people reported to have side effects when taking Tikosyn. Among them, 155 people (2.83%) have Death.
Time on Tikosyn when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Tikosyn * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Tikosyn * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (35 people, 22.58%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 9.68%)
- Pulmonary valve replacement (4 people, 2.58%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 2.58%)
- Ventricular tachycardia (3 people, 1.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (15 people, 9.68%)
- Lasix (12 people, 7.74%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 7.10%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 5.16%)
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 5.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Tikosyn?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Death
- support group for people who take Tikosyn
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Should i discontinie flonase prior to meningioma brain surgery
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Severe Congestion, and takes Tikosyn, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Norvasc, Inderal La, Prevacid, Potassium Chloride)
Brain surgery for meningioma should I stop Flonase prior to surgery?
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Death Of Child, Depression - Major, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, GERD, and takes Clonazepam, Protonix)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have bee ...
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Death Of Child, and takes Imodium)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause dea ...
- Have gas and belching after going on tikosyn should i be concerned
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Diabetic Type 2, and takes Tikosyn)
treatment just began 1 week ago
More questions for: Tikosyn, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Tikosyn, Death
- A study of side effects of Seasonique for a patient with No Periods. The patient has Death
Comments: she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Death Of Sibling
Comments: My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mestinon, Robaxin-750 for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Death
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- A study of side effects of Lovenox for a patient with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Death
Comments: my husband died in the hospital after being given dildazem, enoxiparin, fursomide, well... 18 different drugs (some two or three times) all in a 25 hour period. he died. i need to know why so many contradicting drugs were given .
More related studies for: Tikosyn, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.