Review: could Tikosyn cause Toxic neuropathy?
Summary: Toxic neuropathy is reported only by a few people who take Tikosyn.
We study 5,480 people who have side effects while taking Tikosyn from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Toxic neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Toxic neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Toxic neuropathy >>>
Tikosyn has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Tikosyn 5,640 users)
Toxic neuropathy (nerve damage caused by toxic (harmful) substances) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, aspergillosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Toxic neuropathy 116 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 5,480 people reported to have side effects when taking Tikosyn. Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Toxic Neuropathy.
Time on Tikosyn when people have Toxic neuropathy * :
Gender of people who have Toxic neuropathy when taking Tikosyn * :
|Toxic neuropathy||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Toxic neuropathy when taking Tikosyn * :
|Toxic neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Toxic neuropathy when taking Tikosyn ** :
How people recovered from Toxic neuropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (2 people, 100.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (2 people, 100.00%)
- Inspra (2 people, 100.00%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 100.00%)
- Guar gum (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Toxic Neuropathy while taking Tikosyn?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tikosyn and have Toxic Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Tikosyn
- support group for people who have Toxic Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tikosyn, Toxic neuropathy
More reviews for: Tikosyn, Toxic neuropathy
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I went on Tikosyn about two weeks ago, and started noticing the twitching in my lower left eyelid at about the same time. The symptom has not worsened or lessened in that time. It's rather minor, lasting about 10 seconds per incident, with about 1 incident an hour. Is this possibly related to Tik ...
- I want to use Barley Grass with my Heart medication, I blacked out one night and the doctor is blaming it on the Barley Grass. Does not want me to use it.
They did all kinds of test and found nothing.
- Can these two medications be taken together is my concern.
There are so many medications that can not be taken along with Tikosyn
What are, if any side effects.
More important I am on Tikosyn 500mg, can I take the supplement URCINOL also?
More related studies for: Tikosyn, Toxic neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.