Review: could Timolol maleate cause Ear buzzing (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ear buzzing is found among people who take Timolol maleate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xalatan, and have Glaucoma.
We study 3,649 people who have side effects while taking Timolol maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Ear buzzing. Find out below who they are, when they have Ear buzzing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Timolol maleate and have Ear buzzing >>>
Timolol maleate has active ingredients of timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from 3,741 Timolol maleate users)
Ear buzzing (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,020 Ear buzzing patients)
On Mar, 19, 2015: 3,648 people reported to have side effects when taking Timolol maleate. Among them, 23 people (0.63%) have Ear Buzzing.
Time on Timolol maleate when people have Ear buzzing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Timolol maleate * :
|Ear buzzing||88.24%||11.76% |
Age of people who have Ear buzzing when taking Timolol maleate * :
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.94%||0.00%||5.88%||91.18% |
Severity of Ear buzzing when taking Timolol maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ear buzzing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ear buzzing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glaucoma (13 people, 56.52%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 52.17%)
- Thyroid disorder (10 people, 43.48%)
- Hypertensive heart disease (9 people, 39.13%)
- Atrial fibrillation (9 people, 39.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xalatan (23 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin d (17 people, 73.91%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 69.57%)
- Lasix (14 people, 60.87%)
- Amoxicillin (13 people, 56.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ear Buzzing while taking Timolol Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Timolol maleate and have Ear Buzzing
- support group for people who take Timolol maleate
- support group for people who have Ear Buzzing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 18-year old boy with Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss, Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
Recent Timolol maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.