Review: could Tizanidine hydrochloride cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Tizanidine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zolpidem tartrate, and have Muscle spasms.
We study 1,212 people who have side effects while taking Tizanidine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tizanidine hydrochloride and have Suicide attempt >>>
Tizanidine hydrochloride has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 1,556 Tizanidine hydrochloride users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 1,211 people reported to have side effects when taking Tizanidine hydrochloride. Among them, 26 people (2.15%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Tizanidine hydrochloride when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tizanidine hydrochloride * :
|Suicide attempt||73.08%||26.92% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tizanidine hydrochloride * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||0.00%||47.83%||26.09%||21.74%||0.00% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Tizanidine hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (5 people, 19.23%)
- Migraine (3 people, 11.54%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 7.69%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zolpidem tartrate (6 people, 23.08%)
- Fluvoxamine maleate (5 people, 19.23%)
- Etizolam (5 people, 19.23%)
- Singulair (4 people, 15.38%)
- Diazepam (4 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tizanidine hydrochloride and suicide attempt on
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Tizanidine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tizanidine hydrochloride and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Tizanidine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin for a 30-year old woman with Tongue Cramps/spasms, Tongue Cramps.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Folic Acid, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with ADHD, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Eye Pain, Fatigue, Light Sensitivity, Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cipro for a 65-year old man with Muscle Rigidity, Uti.
Recent Tizanidine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.