Review: could Topamax cause Abdominal pain upper?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Migraine.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 429 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain upper and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Abdominal pain upper >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,623 Topamax users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 62,456 Abdominal pain upper patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 22,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 429 people (1.90%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Time on Topamax when people have Abdominal pain upper * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain upper||51.52%||7.58%||10.61%||6.06%||24.24%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Topamax * :
|Abdominal pain upper||90.77%||9.23% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Topamax * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||5.67%||19.62%||28.37%||14.89%||20.80%||10.64% |
Severity of Abdominal pain upper when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain upper ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain upper||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (82 people, 19.11%)
- Pain (67 people, 15.62%)
- Depression (62 people, 14.45%)
- Anxiety (55 people, 12.82%)
- Headache (49 people, 11.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (108 people, 25.17%)
- Yaz (79 people, 18.41%)
- Aspirin (70 people, 16.32%)
- Folic acid (58 people, 13.52%)
- Cymbalta (56 people, 13.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain Upper while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Abdominal Pain Upper
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Topamax, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety, Migraine, Systemic Sclerosis. The patient has Not Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal, Tuberous Sclerosis
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Atenolol, Alprazolam, Lexapro for a 54-year old man with Migraine, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Antabuse for a 35-year old woman with Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated, Alcohol Rehabilitation. The patient has Nausea Aggravated, Weak Shaky Feelings Of Vomitingstomach Painslack Of Sexual Interest Physically Not Mentally
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.