Review: could Topamax cause Bladder cancer?
Summary: Bladder cancer is reported only by a few people who take Topamax.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Bladder cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Bladder cancer >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,636 Topamax users)
Bladder cancer has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 6,590 Bladder cancer patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 22,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Bladder Cancer.
Time on Topamax when people have Bladder cancer * :
Gender of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Topamax * :
|Bladder cancer||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Topamax * :
|Bladder cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Bladder cancer when taking Topamax ** :
How people recovered from Bladder cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Topiramate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (1 people, 50.00%)
- Flexeril (1 people, 50.00%)
- Pravachol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Elavil (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and bladder cancer on
Do you have Bladder Cancer while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Bladder Cancer
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Bladder Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 44-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Electrical Shock, Difficulty In Walking, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Severe Pain In Fingers, Hands, And Wrists When Not Numb Or Tingling, Skin Itches While Showering, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Short-term Memory Loss, Sudden Memory Loss, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Blurred Vision, Chronic Pain
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 54-year old woman with Malignant Neoplasm Of Ampulla Of Vater.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Trokendi Xr for a 16-year old girl with Migraine. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 63-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Patches On The Tongue
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.