Review: could Topamax cause Hallucination, auditory?
Summary: Hallucination, auditory is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Epilepsy.
We study 22,595 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Hallucination, auditory. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination, auditory and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Hallucination, auditory >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,623 Topamax users)
Hallucination, auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, pain. (latest reports from 7,618 Hallucination, auditory patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 22,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 92 people (0.41%) have Hallucination, Auditory.
Time on Topamax when people have Hallucination, auditory * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hallucination, auditory||20.00%||30.00%||10.00%||10.00%||30.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hallucination, auditory when taking Topamax * :
|Hallucination, auditory||69.44%||30.56% |
Age of people who have Hallucination, auditory when taking Topamax * :
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||2.50%||15.00%||13.75%||32.50%||23.75%||7.50%||5.00% |
Severity of Hallucination, auditory when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hallucination, auditory ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hallucination, auditory||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (21 people, 22.83%)
- Migraine prophylaxis (11 people, 11.96%)
- Depression (9 people, 9.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 6.52%)
- Pain (6 people, 6.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (27 people, 29.35%)
- Xanax (19 people, 20.65%)
- Lexapro (18 people, 19.57%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 11.96%)
- Depakote (10 people, 10.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and hallucination, auditory on
Do you have Hallucination, Auditory while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Hallucination, Auditory
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Hallucination, Auditory
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Topamax, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety, Migraine, Systemic Sclerosis. The patient has Not Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal, Tuberous Sclerosis
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 35-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Atenolol, Alprazolam, Lexapro for a 54-year old man with Migraine, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Antabuse for a 35-year old woman with Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated, Alcohol Rehabilitation. The patient has Nausea Aggravated, Weak Shaky Feelings Of Vomitingstomach Painslack Of Sexual Interest Physically Not Mentally
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.