Review: could Topamax cause Heat intolerance?
Summary: Heat intolerance is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Heat intolerance. Find out below who they are, when they have Heat intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Heat intolerance >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,636 Topamax users)
Heat intolerance (feeling of being overheated) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 247 Heat intolerance patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 22,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 7 people (0.03%) have Heat Intolerance.
Time on Topamax when people have Heat intolerance * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heat intolerance||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Heat intolerance when taking Topamax * :
|Heat intolerance||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Heat intolerance when taking Topamax * :
|Heat intolerance||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||14.29% |
Severity of Heat intolerance when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heat intolerance||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Heat intolerance ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heat intolerance||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gerd (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Migraine - classic (1 people, 14.29%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 14.29%)
- Migraine (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 28.57%)
- Miacalcin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 28.57%)
- Tegretol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Keppra (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and heat intolerance on
Do you have Heat Intolerance while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Heat Intolerance
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Heat Intolerance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Seizure Disorder, Hot Flashes.
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 58-year old woman with Dystonia. The patient has Dystonia Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 44-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Electrical Shock, Difficulty In Walking, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Severe Pain In Fingers, Hands, And Wrists When Not Numb Or Tingling, Skin Itches While Showering, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Short-term Memory Loss, Sudden Memory Loss, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Blurred Vision, Chronic Pain
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 54-year old woman with Malignant Neoplasm Of Ampulla Of Vater.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.