Home > Topamax > Low blood pressure > Topamax and Low blood pressure
Review: could Topamax cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Migraine.
We study 22,540 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 349 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Topamax and have Low blood pressure >>>
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,565 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 699,835 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 22,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 349 people (1.55%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Topamax when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||42.31%||30.77%||0.00%||11.54%||15.38%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Topamax * :
|Low blood pressure||81.25%||18.75% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Topamax * :
|Low blood pressure||0.62%||2.17%||3.73%||9.32%||16.77%||21.12%||26.71%||19.57% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (48 people, 13.75%)
- Depression (42 people, 12.03%)
- Bipolar disorder (42 people, 12.03%)
- Convulsion (35 people, 10.03%)
- Multiple sclerosis (34 people, 9.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 19.77%)
- Klonopin (63 people, 18.05%)
- Neurontin (43 people, 12.32%)
- Protonix (40 people, 11.46%)
- Nexium (39 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Seizure - Absence, and takes Topamax)
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
More questions for: Topamax, Low blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Blood Urea Increased, and takes Topamax)
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost weight but my blood urea increased. I have to stop taking it.
- Massive aggression within first 4 days at 50mg
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crying Fits, Pins And Needles Feet, Pins And Needles Hands, Aggression, and takes Topamax)
am only taking 50mg and have only been taking it for 4 days(this is the evening of the 4th day)as a preventative for migraine headaches that I have suffered from from 16 years. I have had pins and needles in my hands and feet as well as spontaneous crying fits since day 2 and Major aggression since ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure disorder med problems
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Flaxseed Oil, Daily Vitamin, Dry Heaves, Dizziness, Nausea, Chills, Sinus Headache, Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Ginger, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Topiramate, Lamotrigine)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Brain Hemorrhage, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Partial Seizures, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Topamax)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Low blood pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Vivelle-dot, Leflunomide, Effexor, Topamax, Enbrel for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on Enbrel 50 mg per wk for just over 1 yr. In April 2014, I was awaiting my shipment of meds via UPS, when they arrived I was in the restroom and was unable to get to the door in time. The UPS driver left a note that they would return tomorrow with my box. The next day the UPS driver a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Diethylpropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Obesity. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome
Comments: Was given the combination of diethylpropion and topamax. After one to two weeks I developed an extremely dry and terrible burning sensation in my mouth, lips and tongue combined with a very salty and metallic taste in my mouth. I have had every test from various drs., including an ENT, gastroenter ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Topamax Sprinkle for a patient with Headache. The patient has Headache, Headache
Comments: I Have Had Headaches For 3 Years. Smells R What Brings On A Migraine. Sometimes The Headaches Get Soooo Bad That I Throw Up And Have To Lay In Bed. Since This Past Christmas I Have Had A Headache 24/7. I Went To C My Primary Doctor In January, And She Sent Me To A Neurologist Whom I Saw In Februa ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Comments: Just started topamax on 1/15/14. Started noticing fatigue 10/2013 and attributed it to hormones. On 1/24/14 had severe episode of weakness and noticed it was worse in on left side in left leg. was also diagnosed with herniated disc at L1 and L2. Had MRI and Myelogram and CT of lower back. Was ev ...
More related studies for: Topamax, Low blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (23 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)