Review: could Topamax cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Migraine.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 349 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Low blood pressure >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,636 Topamax users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 22,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 349 people (1.54%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Topamax when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||42.31%||30.77%||0.00%||11.54%||15.38%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Topamax * :
|Low blood pressure||81.25%||18.75% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Topamax * :
|Low blood pressure||0.62%||2.17%||3.73%||9.32%||16.77%||21.12%||26.71%||19.57% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (48 people, 13.75%)
- Depression (42 people, 12.03%)
- Bipolar disorder (42 people, 12.03%)
- Convulsion (35 people, 10.03%)
- Multiple sclerosis (34 people, 9.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 19.77%)
- Klonopin (63 people, 18.05%)
- Neurontin (43 people, 12.32%)
- Protonix (40 people, 11.46%)
- Nexium (39 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and low blood pressure on
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Hypotension, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 69-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.