Home > Topamax > Rash > Topamax and Rash
Review: could Topamax cause Rash (Rashes)?
We study 22,540 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 683 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Topamax and have Rash >>>
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,547 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Rash (redness) (latest reports from 970,465 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 22,500 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 697 people (3.10%) have Rash.
Time on Topamax when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Topamax * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Topamax * :
Severity of Rash when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (104 people, 14.92%)
- Pain (88 people, 12.63%)
- Migraine (75 people, 10.76%)
- Epilepsy (75 people, 10.76%)
- Bipolar disorder (62 people, 8.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (120 people, 17.22%)
- Nexium (111 people, 15.93%)
- Neurontin (95 people, 13.63%)
- Ambien (78 people, 11.19%)
- Lexapro (77 people, 11.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Topamax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Rash
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Rash
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as ...
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Topamax, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Rash
On eHealthMe, Topamax (topiramate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Topamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Topamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Bactrim, Topamax for a patient with Tooth Infection, Uti, Nerve Pain. The patient has Mouth Injury, Skin Lesion
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Prozac, Loestrin 24 Fe, Symbicort for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Depression, Birth Control, Inflammation. The patient has Rash
More related studies for: Topamax, Rash
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Topamax, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (29 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (47 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Atrioventricular Conduction Time Shortened
- Cushing Syndrome Due To Adrenal Tumor
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased
- Pancreatitis Aggravated