Topamax and Tendonitis - from FDA reports
Tendonitis is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Headache. This review analyzes which people have Tendonitis with Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,120 people who have side effects when taking Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 09, 2017
34,120 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax.
Among them, 47 people (0.14%) have Tendonitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Topamax when people have Tendonitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 76.92 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tendonitis when taking Topamax *:
- female: 93.18 %
- male: 6.82 %
Age of people who have Tendonitis when taking Topamax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 44.44 %
- 40-49: 30.56 %
- 50-59: 19.44 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Headache (11 people, 23.40%)
- Pain (10 people, 21.28%)
- Arthritis (10 people, 21.28%)
- Mineral Supplementation (9 people, 19.15%)
- Hypersensitivity (9 people, 19.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (12 people, 25.53%)
- Humira (10 people, 21.28%)
- Effexor (10 people, 21.28%)
- Allegra (10 people, 21.28%)
- Albuterol (10 people, 21.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (18 people, 38.30%)
- Pain In Extremity (16 people, 34.04%)
- Dizziness (16 people, 34.04%)
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (15 people, 31.91%)
- Bursitis (14 people, 29.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tendonitis when taking Topamax?
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 37,996 users)
Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons) has been reported by people with urinary tract infection, osteoporosis, sinusitis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,595 Tendonitis patients).