Review: could Topamax cause Thyroid function test abnormal (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid function test abnormal is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Migraine.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Thyroid function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Thyroid function test abnormal >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,636 Topamax users)
Thyroid function test abnormal
Thyroid function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 17,575 Thyroid function test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 22,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 67 people (0.30%) have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Topamax when people have Thyroid function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||67.14%||32.86% |
Age of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||7.50%||5.00%||25.00%||30.00%||27.50%||5.00% |
Severity of Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Thyroid function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine prophylaxis (15 people, 22.39%)
- Pain (13 people, 19.40%)
- Thyroid disorder (8 people, 11.94%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 10.45%)
- Convulsion (7 people, 10.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (19 people, 28.36%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (12 people, 17.91%)
- Plavix (11 people, 16.42%)
- Omeprazole (11 people, 16.42%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 16.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and thyroid function test abnormal on
Do you have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Norco, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with ADD, Chronic Pain, Migraine. The patient has Ulcer - Stomach
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.