Review: could Topamax cause Thyroid function test abnormal (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid function test abnormal is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Migraine.
We study 22,595 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Thyroid function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Thyroid function test abnormal >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,623 Topamax users)
Thyroid function test abnormal
Thyroid function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 17,572 Thyroid function test abnormal patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 22,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 67 people (0.30%) have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Topamax when people have Thyroid function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||67.14%||32.86% |
Age of people who have Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax * :
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||7.50%||5.00%||25.00%||30.00%||27.50%||5.00% |
Severity of Thyroid function test abnormal when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Thyroid function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Thyroid function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine prophylaxis (15 people, 22.39%)
- Pain (13 people, 19.40%)
- Thyroid disorder (8 people, 11.94%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 10.45%)
- Convulsion (7 people, 10.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (19 people, 28.36%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (12 people, 17.91%)
- Plavix (11 people, 16.42%)
- Omeprazole (11 people, 16.42%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 16.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topamax and thyroid function test abnormal on
Do you have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Antabuse for a 35-year old woman with Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated, Alcohol Rehabilitation. The patient has Nausea Aggravated, Weak Shaky Feelings Of Vomitingstomach Painslack Of Sexual Interest Physically Not Mentally
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 31-year old woman with Migraine Hemiplegic. The patient has Alice In Wonderland Syndrome (neurological condition where a person experiences a complete distortion of perceptual reality)
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Topamax for a 36-year old woman with Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine. The patient has Weight Loss
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.