Review: could Topamax cause Tingling in hands or feet (Numbness in hands or feet)?
Summary: Tingling in hands or feet is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Migraine.
We study 22,606 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Tingling in hands or feet. Find out below who they are, when they have Tingling in hands or feet and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topamax and have Tingling in hands or feet >>>
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 24,636 Topamax users)
Tingling in hands or feet
On Apr, 15, 2015: 22,606 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 23 people (0.10%) have Tingling In Hands Or Feet.
Time on Topamax when people have Tingling in hands or feet * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tingling in hands or feet||4.35%||21.74%||4.35%||26.09%||13.04%||26.09%||4.35% |
Gender of people who have Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||95.65%||4.35% |
Age of people who have Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||43.48%||34.78%||8.70%||0.00% |
Severity of Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling in hands or feet||4.35%||78.26%||17.39%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tingling in hands or feet ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (7 people, 30.43%)
- Depression (6 people, 26.09%)
- Migraine - classic (5 people, 21.74%)
- Pain (3 people, 13.04%)
- Withdrawal from opioids (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (4 people, 17.39%)
- Mirena (2 people, 8.70%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 8.70%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 8.70%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tingling In Hands Or Feet while taking Topamax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Tingling In Hands Or Feet
- support group for people who take Topamax
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 30 for a 27-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.