Review: could Topamax cause Tingling in hands or feet?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 24, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 21,413 people who take Topamax. Among them, 12 have Tingling in hands or feet. See who they are, when they have Tingling in hands or feet and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,399 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine, migraine with aura. Commonly reported side effects of Topamax include headache, nausea, nausea aggravated, convulsion, convulsion prophylaxis.
Tingling in hands or feet
Tingling in hands or feet (latest reports from 2,090 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 21,362 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 12 people (0.06%) have Tingling In Hands Or Feet.
Time on Topamax when people have Tingling in hands or feet * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||33.33%||16.67%||25.00%||8.33% |
Gender of people who have Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00% |
Severity of Tingling in hands or feet when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling in hands or feet||8.33%||75.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tingling in hands or feet ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (3 people, 25.00%)
- Migraine - classic (2 people, 16.67%)
- Migraine prophylaxis (2 people, 16.67%)
- Urinary tract disorder (1 people, 8.33%)
- Stress and anxiety (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirena (2 people, 16.67%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 16.67%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Topamax - 100mg (1 people, 8.33%)
- Ativan (1 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Topamax, Tingling in hands or feet
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Topamax (topiramate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Topamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Topamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Topamax side effects from A to Z:
Browse Topamax drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
I know that methadone can cause nodding. I am way beyond that stage of MMT though. I can admit that at certain points I was a horrible patient! I used everything under the sun to supplement getting high. I've been on doses of 345mgs, 230mgs, Split doses, Liquid, & Tablets. I've been on the dose I'm at now which is a split dose & the lowest dose I have been on, for well over 1 year. I have had clean drug tests I don't use any illegal drugs, I don't drink.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (1 month ago):
Symptoms getting old... Laxatives don't even work anymore, which is scary. I have no health insurance, self-pay for meds thru psychiatrist and have not had a medical physical in around 3-4 yrs. Have 7 yrs clean and sober, but wonder if previous alcoholism and long-term suboxone use have caused possible diabetes? I'm sick of peeing all night long, and always have to pee 30 min after I take sublingually, then again after another @45 minutes. Crazy. My hands look like lizards from being all dried out. Also, worried about the e-liquid I started 6-8 months ago being a diuretic? Symptoms became drastically worse after; however, I can at least BREATHE smoking it and don't want to stop!
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Topamax, Tingling in hands or feet
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- Topomax & memory loss
I was on Topomax for approximately 12-13 years (for seizures) and have suffered severe memory loss as a result. I'd like to share some examples of my memory loss in case it can help someone else. Before I went off the drug, I had to listen to other peoples conversations to know who I was talking to. ...
- Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Tingling in hands or feet
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Celexa, Topamax, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Drug Addiction. The patient has Tiredness (Fatigue), Constipation, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Lack Of Menses (Menstruation - absent), Loss Of Libido, Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster), Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Loss Of Hearing (Hearing loss), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (Tinnitus), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Vapor, Nicotine, Clonidine, Pristiq, Topiramate, Suboxone for a patient with Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco, Withdrawal Syndrome, Chronic Depression, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Drug Addiction. The patient has Nail Growth Abnormal, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss), Headache, Liver Tenderness, Abdominal Pain, Skin - Dry (Dry skin), Dry Eyes Aggravated, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Constipation Aggravated, Osmotic Diuresis
More related studies for: Topamax, Tingling in hands or feet
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.