Home > Topamax > Weight loss > Topamax and Weight loss
Review: could Topamax cause Weight loss?
We study 22,540 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA and social media. Among them, 216 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Topamax and have Weight loss >>>
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,547 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Weight loss (latest reports from 98,557 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 22,500 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax. Among them, 216 people (0.96%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Topamax when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||15.79%||15.79%||42.11%||21.05%||5.26%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Topamax * :
|Weight loss||81.97%||18.03% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Topamax * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.47%||5.14%||9.35%||23.36%||40.65%||19.63%||1.40% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Topamax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||30.77%||23.08%||46.15%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (86 people, 39.81%)
- Depression (75 people, 34.72%)
- Anxiety (40 people, 18.52%)
- Sleep disorder (35 people, 16.20%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 14.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (144 people, 66.67%)
- Risperdal (75 people, 34.72%)
- Zyprexa (66 people, 30.56%)
- Lexapro (63 people, 29.17%)
- Abilify (61 people, 28.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Topamax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Topamax and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Topamax
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
More questions for: Topamax, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Weight loss
On eHealthMe, Topamax (topiramate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Topamax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Topamax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Hair Loss, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Pristiq, Oxazepam for a patient with Bipolar 1, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Joint Aches, Sleep Aid, Weight Loss Diet
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Topiramate, Losartan Potassium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Blood Pressure Management, Bipolar Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Frequent Headaches, Overweight, Lack Of Spontaneous Speech, Cough Aggravated, Pain Management
More related studies for: Topamax, Weight loss
Recent Topamax related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Topamax, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.