Review: could Topiramate cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Topiramate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 7,882 people who have side effects while taking Topiramate from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topiramate and have Chest pain >>>
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 8,396 Topiramate users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,865 Chest pain patients)
On Apr, 23, 2015: 7,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate. Among them, 144 people (1.83%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Topiramate when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||71.43%||0.00%||21.43%||0.00%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Topiramate * :
|Chest pain||76.27%||23.73% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Topiramate * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||1.99%||0.00%||5.96%||15.89%||25.17%||39.07%||11.92% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Topiramate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 16.67%)
- Migraine (23 people, 15.97%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 11.11%)
- Depression (16 people, 11.11%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 10.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (27 people, 18.75%)
- Nortriptyline hcl (20 people, 13.89%)
- Neurontin (20 people, 13.89%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 13.89%)
- Lorazepam (19 people, 13.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topiramate and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Topiramate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topiramate and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Topiramate
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Polyethylene Glycol 3350; Sodium Sulfate; Sodium Chloride; Potassium Chloride; Sodium Ascorbate; Ascorbic Acid, Lamotrigine, Topamax, Keppra for a 5-year old boy with Constipation, Epilepsy. The patient has Urine Potassium Decreased, Sleepy, Mental Retardation, Leg Cramping, Fever, Leg Cramps, High-pitched Crying
- A study of side effects of Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old woman with Fungal Infection. The patient has Leg Pain, Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 17-year old girl with ADD. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Nausea, Irritability, Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Bluish Skin, Heart Palpitations, Heart Rate Increased, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
Recent Topiramate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Topamax, Lyrica, Lamictal for a 64-year old man who has Anticonvulsant Drug Level Abnormal
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.