Review: could Topiramate cause Heartburn (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn is found among people who take Topiramate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Migraine.
We study 7,882 people who have side effects while taking Topiramate from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Heartburn. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topiramate and have Heartburn >>>
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 8,396 Topiramate users)
Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 19,308 Heartburn patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 7,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate. Among them, 10 people (0.13%) have Heartburn.
Time on Topiramate when people have Heartburn * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Topiramate * :
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Topiramate * :
Severity of Heartburn when taking Topiramate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Heartburn ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (2 people, 20.00%)
- Chronic pain (1 people, 10.00%)
- Herniated intervertebral disk (1 people, 10.00%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 10.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (2 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisone (1 people, 10.00%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 10.00%)
- Benlysta (1 people, 10.00%)
- Gabitril (1 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topiramate and heartburn on
Do you have Heartburn while taking Topiramate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topiramate and have Heartburn
- support group for people who take Topiramate
- support group for people who have Heartburn
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Trokendi Xr for a 16-year old girl with Migraine. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 63-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Patches On The Tongue
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 35-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Vertigo
Recent Topiramate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.