Home > Topiramate > High blood sugar > Topiramate and High blood sugar
Review: could Topiramate cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
We study 7,850 people who have side effects while taking Topiramate from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Topiramate and have High blood sugar >>>
Topiramate (latest outcomes from 8,362 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 143,192 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 7,850 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate. Among them, 16 people (0.20%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Topiramate when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Topiramate * :
|High blood sugar||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Topiramate * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||7.69%||61.54%||0.00%||7.69% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Topiramate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (6 people, 37.50%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (3 people, 18.75%)
- Muscle spasms (3 people, 18.75%)
- Pain (2 people, 12.50%)
- Reflux gastritis (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sumatriptan succinate (5 people, 31.25%)
- Fioricet (4 people, 25.00%)
- Acetaminophen (4 people, 25.00%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 25.00%)
- Zyprexa (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Topiramate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Topiramate and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Topiramate
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Topiramate, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
More reviews for: Topiramate, High blood sugar
On eHealthMe, Topiramate (topiramate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Topiramate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Topiramate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra, Fenofibrate, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Rabeprazole, Topamax, Prozac, Atorvastatin Calcium, Metformin for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Insomnia, Vitamin D Decreased, Gerd, Headache, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes. The patient has Acne, Transient Rds, Dehydration, Premature Aging, Malaise, Insomnia, Thyroid Function Tests Nos Abnormal, High Liver Numbers, Depression, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Glucose Level
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Klonopin, Abilify, Aciphex, Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Bipolar 2, Barrett's Esophagus, Complicated Migraine, Ibs, Stress. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a patient with Frequent Headaches. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
More related studies for: Topiramate, High blood sugar
Recent Topiramate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Topiramate, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.