Review: could Topiramate cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Topiramate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Sumatriptan succinate, and have Migraine.
We study 7,882 people who have side effects while taking Topiramate from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topiramate and have High blood sugar >>>
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 8,396 Topiramate users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 7,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate. Among them, 16 people (0.20%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Topiramate when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Topiramate * :
|High blood sugar||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Topiramate * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||7.69%||61.54%||0.00%||7.69% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Topiramate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (6 people, 37.50%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (3 people, 18.75%)
- Muscle spasms (3 people, 18.75%)
- Pain (2 people, 12.50%)
- Reflux gastritis (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sumatriptan succinate (5 people, 31.25%)
- Fioricet (4 people, 25.00%)
- Acetaminophen (4 people, 25.00%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 25.00%)
- Zyprexa (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topiramate and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Topiramate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topiramate and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Topiramate
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Topamax, Lithium Carbonate for a 36-year old man with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Topiramate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.