Review: could Topiramate cause Pressure-related ear pain (Ear barotrauma)?
Summary: Pressure-related ear pain is reported only by a few people who take Topiramate.
We study 7,882 people who have side effects while taking Topiramate from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Pressure-related ear pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Topiramate and have Pressure-related ear pain >>>
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 8,396 Topiramate users)
Pressure-related ear pain
Pressure-related ear pain (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 766 Pressure-related ear pain patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 7,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Pressure-related Ear Pain.
Time on Topiramate when people have Pressure-related ear pain * :
Gender of people who have Pressure-related ear pain when taking Topiramate * :
|Pressure-related ear pain||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pressure-related ear pain when taking Topiramate * :
|Pressure-related ear pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Pressure-related ear pain when taking Topiramate ** :
How people recovered from Pressure-related ear pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lithium carbonate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Metformin hcl (1 people, 100.00%)
- Amlodipine (1 people, 100.00%)
- Seroquel (1 people, 100.00%)
- Diazepam (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of topiramate and pressure-related ear pain on
Do you have Pressure-related Ear Pain while taking Topiramate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Topiramate and have Pressure-related Ear Pain
- support group for people who take Topiramate
- support group for people who have Pressure-related Ear Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 58-year old woman with Dystonia. The patient has Dystonia Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 44-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Electrical Shock, Difficulty In Walking, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Severe Pain In Fingers, Hands, And Wrists When Not Numb Or Tingling, Skin Itches While Showering, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Short-term Memory Loss, Sudden Memory Loss, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Blurred Vision, Chronic Pain
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 54-year old woman with Malignant Neoplasm Of Ampulla Of Vater.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Trokendi Xr for a 16-year old girl with Migraine. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Topiramate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.