Review: could Toprol-xl cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Toprol-xl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 39,634 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,130 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough >>>
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,745 Toprol-xl users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,693 Cough patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 39,631 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 1,130 people (2.85%) have Cough.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cough when taking Toprol-xl * :
Severity of Cough when taking Toprol-xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (223 people, 19.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 6.64%)
- Metastases to bone (67 people, 5.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (61 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (462 people, 40.88%)
- Lipitor (292 people, 25.84%)
- Lasix (266 people, 23.54%)
- Zocor (209 people, 18.50%)
- Coumadin (200 people, 17.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Jean Bloor (3 years ago):
I have been taking Topral-xl for 3 days and I developed a cough on the first day. I thought it was a cold coming on but I have no other syptoms just this nagging cough. I believe it is from the drug topral-xl
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of toprol-xl and cough on
Do you have Cough while taking Toprol-xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
Recent Toprol-xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Toprol-xl, Crestor for a 75-year old woman who has Key Flower
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Toprol-xl for a 53-year old woman who has Palpation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.