Home > Toprol-xl > Cough > Toprol-xl and Cough
Review: could Toprol-xl cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Toprol-xl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 39,617 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,130 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough >>>
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,727 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cough (latest reports from 73,998 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 39,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 1,130 people (2.85%) have Cough.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cough when taking Toprol-xl * :
Severity of Cough when taking Toprol-xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (223 people, 19.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 6.64%)
- Metastases to bone (67 people, 5.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (61 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (462 people, 40.88%)
- Lipitor (292 people, 25.84%)
- Lasix (266 people, 23.54%)
- Zocor (209 people, 18.50%)
- Coumadin (200 people, 17.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Jean Bloor (2 years ago):
I have been taking Topral-xl for 3 days and I developed a cough on the first day. I thought it was a cold coming on but I have no other syptoms just this nagging cough. I believe it is from the drug topral-xl
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Toprol-xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Mouth Sores, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate )
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others. ...
More questions for: Toprol-xl, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Cough, and takes DayQuil)
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Toprol-xl, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+, Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
Comments: I am wanting to find out if Prozac/Fluoxetine or Metroprolol can cause pancreatic cancer. I found out with the above symptoms that I had a blocked bile duct. In searching for the answers to these symptoms, it was discovered I had pancreatic cancer..a tumor on the head of my pancreas.
- A study of side effects of Urecholine for a patient with Neurogenic Bladder. The patient has Cough
Comments: Mom has bouts of uncontrollable coughing. She was found barely breathing and foaming at the mouth (phlegm). After she was sunctioned and given oxygen she seemed to improve but was transported to hospital. Numerous tests were done (blood and chest xrays). She was released as there was no reason to ...
More related studies for: Toprol-xl, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.