Home > Toprol-xl > Cough > Toprol-xl and Cough
Review: could Toprol-xl cause Cough?
We study 39,613 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,130 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough >>>
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,724 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cough (latest reports from 489,003 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 39,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 1,130 people (2.85%) have Cough.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cough when taking Toprol-xl * :
Severity of Cough when taking Toprol-xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (223 people, 19.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 6.64%)
- Metastases to bone (67 people, 5.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (61 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (462 people, 40.88%)
- Lipitor (292 people, 25.84%)
- Lasix (266 people, 23.54%)
- Zocor (209 people, 18.50%)
- Coumadin (200 people, 17.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Jean Bloor (2 years ago):
I have been taking Topral-xl for 3 days and I developed a cough on the first day. I thought it was a cold coming on but I have no other syptoms just this nagging cough. I believe it is from the drug topral-xl
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Toprol-xl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Cough
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Toprol-xl, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
More reviews for: Toprol-xl, Cough
On eHealthMe, Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Toprol-xl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Toprol-xl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Nitrostat, Nifedipine, Clopidogrel, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Famotidine, Potassium Chloride, Xarelto, Multaq for a patient with Allergy, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol, Restless Leg Syndrome, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Flexeril, Vicodin, Sudafed, Guaifenesin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Iron Dextran, Diovan, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, Risperdal, Depakote Er, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Back Pain, Sinusitis, Cough, Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Anemia, Protein Urine Present, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Cough
More related studies for: Toprol-xl, Cough
Recent Toprol-xl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Toprol-xl, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.