Review: could Toprol-xl cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Toprol-xl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 39,639 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,130 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough >>>
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,750 Toprol-xl users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,708 Cough patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 39,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 1,130 people (2.85%) have Cough.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cough when taking Toprol-xl * :
Severity of Cough when taking Toprol-xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (223 people, 19.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 6.64%)
- Metastases to bone (67 people, 5.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (61 people, 5.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (462 people, 40.88%)
- Lipitor (292 people, 25.84%)
- Lasix (266 people, 23.54%)
- Zocor (209 people, 18.50%)
- Coumadin (200 people, 17.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Jean Bloor (3 years ago):
I have been taking Topral-xl for 3 days and I developed a cough on the first day. I thought it was a cold coming on but I have no other syptoms just this nagging cough. I believe it is from the drug topral-xl
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of toprol-xl and cough on
Do you have Cough while taking Toprol-xl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Cough
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 37-year old woman with Contraception, Depression. The patient has Asthma, Gerd, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Toprol-xl for a 49-year old man with High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
Recent Toprol-xl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.