Home > Toprol-xl > Sleepiness > Toprol-xl and Sleepiness
Review: could Toprol-xl cause Sleepiness (Drowsiness)?
We study 39,613 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 771 have Sleepiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Sleepiness >>>
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,724 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 494,664 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 39,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 771 people (1.95%) have Sleepiness.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Sleepiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleepiness when taking Toprol-xl * :
Severity of Sleepiness when taking Toprol-xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (334 people, 43.32%)
- Diabetes mellitus (256 people, 33.20%)
- Blood cholesterol (227 people, 29.44%)
- Mental disorder (201 people, 26.07%)
- Pain (192 people, 24.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (289 people, 37.48%)
- Chantix (267 people, 34.63%)
- Prilosec (258 people, 33.46%)
- Simvastatin (258 people, 33.46%)
- Potassium chloride (257 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness while taking Toprol-xl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Sleepiness
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Sleepiness
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others. ...
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
- Do you have gingival hyperplasia with gum inflamtiaon and loss of teeth?
Prolonged use of the above medicines has been identified with Gingival Hyperplasia and loss of almost all teeth. Only correction is total teeth replacement via implants etc. Too expensive and cannot afford.
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- How do i stop taking durogisic 75 patch?
I am also on Pristique 100mg and have an ileostomy. I often see it undissolved in my bag, so feel still depressed, dizzy and anxious. Apparently this is the only antidepressant I am allowed to have with the patch. I am just sick and tired of feeling sleepy and depressed. I have a 10 yo daughter tha ...
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- Will garcinia cambogia interact with the medication metoprolol succinate?
will the Garcinia Cambogia hurt the heart or cause any side affects if taken with the heart medications?
More questions for: Toprol-xl, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Toprol-xl, Sleepiness
On eHealthMe, Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Toprol-xl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Toprol-xl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Ventolin Hfa, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Coumadin, Demadex, Synthroid, Glimepiride, Singulair, Tylenol, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Digitalis, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypercholesterolaemia, Dyspnea, Nutrition - Inadequate, Vitamin D Decreased, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Nasal Allergies, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Atrial Fibrillation And Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy, Obtunded, Insomnia, Daydreaming, Delirium
- A study of drug interactions between Kazano, Coumadin, Aspirin, Zetia, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Dvt, Heart Disease, Lipids Abnormal, Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Arimidex, Toprol-xl, Sinemet for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Breast Cancer, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Parkinsonism. The patient has Drowsiness, Confusion, Dementia
More related studies for: Toprol-xl, Sleepiness
Recent Toprol-xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 59-year old man who has Stuttering
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Atenolol for a 64-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Toprol-xl, Atenolol for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertensive Cardiomegaly
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 68-year old woman who has PVCs
- Comparions of Toprol-xl, Coreg for a 80-year old man who has Prevent Heart Attack
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Testosterone, Niacin, Metoprolol Succinate for a 77-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 65-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 86-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
More related comparison studies for: Toprol-xl, Sleepiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Calcium Gluconate
- Second Degree Burn
- Upper Limb Deformity