Review: could Toprol-xl cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Toprol-xl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have High blood pressure.
We study 39,631 people who have side effects while taking Toprol-xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 130 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 40,743 Toprol-xl users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 39,631 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Among them, 130 people (0.33%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Toprol-xl * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||10.00%||70.00%||15.45% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Toprol-xl ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (130 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (130 people, 100.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (105 people, 80.77%)
- Mental disorder (100 people, 76.92%)
- Pain (85 people, 65.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (124 people, 95.38%)
- Motrin (123 people, 94.62%)
- Prilosec (112 people, 86.15%)
- Simvastatin (107 people, 82.31%)
- Chantix (107 people, 82.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Toprol-xl and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Toprol-xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Toprol-xl
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Gabapentin, Lorazepam, Hydrocortisone, Norco, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 43-year old woman with C4 Level, Addison's Disease, Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tachycardia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lactation - Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lansoprazole for a 59-year old woman with Pvd, Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis. The patient has Rash Generalised, Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Wellbutrin Sr, Prilosec Otc, Toprol-xl, Adderall Xr 30 for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Add. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Toprol-xl, Crestor for a 60-year old woman with PVD, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Recent Toprol-xl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.