Review: could Toviaz cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Toviaz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Urinary tract infection.
We study 3,374 people who have side effects while taking Toviaz from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Toviaz and have Cough >>>
Toviaz has active ingredients of fesoterodine fumarate. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from 3,442 Toviaz users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,681 Cough patients)
On Feb, 7, 2015: 3,374 people reported to have side effects when taking Toviaz. Among them, 29 people (0.86%) have Cough.
Time on Toviaz when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Toviaz * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Toviaz * :
Severity of Cough when taking Toviaz ** :
How people recovered from Cough ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cystitis (9 people, 31.03%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 27.59%)
- Micturition urgency (7 people, 24.14%)
- Urinary incontinence (7 people, 24.14%)
- Pollakiuria (6 people, 20.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 24.14%)
- Multi-vitamins (6 people, 20.69%)
- Gabapentin (6 people, 20.69%)
- Livalo (6 people, 20.69%)
- Nitrofurantoin (6 people, 20.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Toviaz?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Toviaz and have Cough
- support group for people who take Toviaz
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Meloxicam, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Chest Pressure Sensation, Cough, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 38-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Cough, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Toviaz, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 67-year old woman with Bladder Discomfort, Thyrogen, Knee Pain, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Asthma. The patient has Cough
Recent Toviaz related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Toviaz, for a 59-year old woman who has Bladder Discomfort
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Toviaz for a 60-year old man who has Stress Incontinence
- Comparions of Vesicare, Toviaz for a 89-year old woman who has Loss Of Bladder Control
- Comparions of Singulair, Toviaz, Pravachol, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 59-year old woman who has Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Allergies, Depression, Osteoporosis, Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Boniva, Nabumetone, Neosporin G.u. Irrigant, Toviaz, Oxybutynin Chloride for a 88-year old woman who has Overflow Incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.