Review: could Tramadol hydrochloride cause Chronic glaucoma (Glaucoma)?
Summary: Chronic glaucoma is found among people who take Tramadol hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Pain.
We study 5,552 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Chronic glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Chronic glaucoma >>>
Tramadol hydrochloride has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 6,867 Tramadol hydrochloride users)
Chronic glaucoma (long lasting damage to eye leads vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, depression. (latest reports from 17,663 Chronic glaucoma patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 5,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol hydrochloride. Among them, 19 people (0.34%) have Chronic Glaucoma.
Time on Tramadol hydrochloride when people have Chronic glaucoma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic glaucoma||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chronic glaucoma when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Chronic glaucoma||47.37%||52.63% |
Age of people who have Chronic glaucoma when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Chronic glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Chronic glaucoma when taking Tramadol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic glaucoma ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 21.05%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 15.79%)
- Asthma (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 10.53%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 36.84%)
- Coumadin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Calcium (5 people, 26.32%)
- Clindamycin (5 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Glaucoma while taking Tramadol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Chronic Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Chronic Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 22-year old woman with Chronic Pain. The patient has Stuttering
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Celebrex for a 65-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 51-year old woman with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive. The patient has Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
Recent Tramadol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.