Review: could Tramadol hydrochloride cause Eye twitch (Eyelid twitch)?
Summary: Eye twitch is found among people who take Tramadol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluoxetine, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 5,550 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Eye twitch. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye twitch and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Eye twitch >>>
Tramadol hydrochloride has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol hydrochloride 6,864 users)
Eye twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Eye twitch 1,805 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 5,550 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.11%) have Eye Twitch.
Time on Tramadol hydrochloride when people have Eye twitch * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye twitch||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Eye twitch||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye twitch ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Weight loss (1 people, 16.67%)
- Low back pain (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fluid retention (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gabapentin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sertraline hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
- Benicar (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Twitch while taking Tramadol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Eye Twitch
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Eye Twitch
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you loose weight while taking hydroxyzine?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Have IC And Noticed Weight Gain While Taking Hydroxyzine, and takes Ultram, Hydroxyzine Pamoate)
Hydroxyzine has been my life saver but I have noticed a gradual increase in weight. My blood pressure has also gone up. I don't have the increased hunger but what scares me is I am not eating more than I normally do. I do not eat breakfast. I have a Glucerna at lunch and then dinner, protein potatoe ...
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
Doctor told me I have emphysema changes in my lungs.could this be causing my nausea every day all day?
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Eyelid Twitch, Muscle Twitching, Twitch - Eyelid, and takes Clonazepam, Lexapro)
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my ...
- So ive been on tramadol for about 4 months. i have been on my period for 19 days and tested positive on 3 pregnancy test! could these be false positives
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Bleeding For 3 Wks Had 3 Positive Pregnancy Test. Could These Be False?, and takes Tramadol)
I have been bleedi g for 19 days and toniight i had 3 pregnancy test have positive readings. Could this be due to the fqct i take 50-100mg a day for at least 4 months?
- Have tried many antideppressants and the only one that helps is an maoi (phenelzine),but i also must take tramadol for chronic pain. they are contraindicated together. any suggestions?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Depression, and takes Tramadol)
57 y.o. male with left hip replacement due to avascular necrosis in 2010 and re-done in 2012. Had MRSA in hospital in 2012. New hip now in. Have had chronic atypical type depression since childhood. The only antidepressant I could ever tolerate and worked was phenelzine(an MAOI). Now I can't take it ...
More questions for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Eye twitch
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
(Posted by a 20 year old man who has Colostotoma Also Trapped Muscles, and takes Naproxen, Tramadol, Codeine)
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Burning Tongue Syndrome, and takes Tramadol)
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Eye twitch
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Endep, Lyrica, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuralgic Pain. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Neuralgic Pain
Comments: I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Zantac
Comments: I do not understand I have been taking Alprazalam because I had a nervous breakdown in 1991 when I lost my first grandson at four months and four days so the doctor put me on this medication and told me not to get off of it. I do know what happens when I do not have it I have seizers, tear a complet ...
More related studies for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Eye twitch
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.