Review: could Tramadol hydrochloride cause Eye twitch (Eyelid twitch)?
Summary: Eye twitch is found among people who take Tramadol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluoxetine, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 5,552 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Eye twitch. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye twitch and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Eye twitch >>>
Tramadol hydrochloride has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 6,867 Tramadol hydrochloride users)
Eye twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 1,879 Eye twitch patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 5,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.11%) have Eye Twitch.
Time on Tramadol hydrochloride when people have Eye twitch * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye twitch||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Eye twitch||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Eye twitch when taking Tramadol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye twitch ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Weight loss (1 people, 16.67%)
- Low back pain (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fluid retention (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gabapentin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sertraline hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
- Benicar (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Twitch while taking Tramadol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Eye Twitch
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Eye Twitch
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 31-year old woman with Toothache. The patient has Toothache
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Aromasin for a 45-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Migraine Hemiplegic, Migraine With Aura, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dyshidrotic Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
Recent Tramadol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.