Home > Tramadol > Neuropathy > Tramadol and Neuropathy
Review: could Tramadol cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
We study 5,550 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Neuropathy >>>
Tramadol hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 6,863 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) (latest reports from 26,253 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 5,550 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol hydrochloride. Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Tramadol hydrochloride when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Tramadol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 decreased (1 people, 50.00%)
- Gouty arthritis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin d decreased (1 people, 50.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 50.00%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin b12 (1 people, 50.00%)
- Colcrys (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin d (1 people, 50.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Tramadol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- So ive been on tramadol for about 4 months. i have been on my period for 19 days and tested positive on 3 pregnancy test! could these be false positives
I have been bleedi g for 19 days and toniight i had 3 pregnancy test have positive readings. Could this be due to the fqct i take 50-100mg a day for at least 4 months?
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- Have tried many antideppressants and the only one that helps is an maoi (phenelzine),but i also must take tramadol for chronic pain. they are contraindicated together. any suggestions?
57 y.o. male with left hip replacement due to avascular necrosis in 2010 and re-done in 2012. Had MRSA in hospital in 2012. New hip now in. Have had chronic atypical type depression since childhood. The only antidepressant I could ever tolerate and worked was phenelzine(an MAOI). Now I can't take it ...
- Can i do anything to help dysphonia associated with prednisone tablets?
Taking Prednisone tablets for temporal arteritis. Noticed voice getting hoarse and believe go be dysphonia side effect. Wondering if anything I can do to help alleviate.
- Can tramadol stop menstrual cycle
Since on 200mg per day for just over a month, constant odour under right armpit and missed menstrual cycle.
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- Can i use ultram with aleve for tail born pain
Dr. suggested Ultram for painful tailbone from fall I'm 80 year old female
ultram not working real good could I use aleve with it
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
- Will tramadol cause rapid heart beat?
I have been taking Tramadol for 1 1/2 years and within the past 6 weeks have developed an unexplained rapid heart beat. The heart monitor I wore for 24 hours indicated a premature heart but after a month the EKG was normal. I was taken off of Toprol and instructed to take magnesium (400) milligrams ...
More questions for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- No noticeable effects
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Neuropathy
On eHealthMe, Tramadol Hydrochloride (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Neuropathy
Recent Tramadol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Tramadol, Eprosartan Mesylate for a 66-year old man who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of , , Tizanidine Hydrochloride, for a 66-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Tramadol, Indomethacin for a 32-year old woman who has Cancer
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Oxycodone for a 50-year old woman who has Knee Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Tramadol, Cataflam for a 31-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Tramadol, Didrex for a 47-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Co-codamol, Tramadol for a 49-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Tylenol, Tramadol for a 67-year old man who has Knee Pain
- Comparions of Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Tramadol, Azithromycin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
More related comparison studies for: Tramadol hydrochloride, Neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (51 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Florence Fennel
- Vitex Trifolia
- Urovist Meglumine Diu/ct
- Poisoning Fish And Shellfish