Review: could Tramadol hydrochloride cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Tramadol hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression.
We study 5,552 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Weight gain >>>
Tramadol hydrochloride has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 6,868 Tramadol hydrochloride users)
Weight Gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,706 Weight Gain patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 5,552 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol hydrochloride. Among them, 85 people (1.53%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Tramadol hydrochloride when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||37.50%||12.50%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain||74.42%||25.58% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Tramadol hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.60%||24.68%||29.87%||23.38%||19.48% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Tramadol hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||22.22%||66.67%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (18 people, 21.18%)
- Fibromyalgia (13 people, 15.29%)
- Back pain (12 people, 14.12%)
- Pain (12 people, 14.12%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 10.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (30 people, 35.29%)
- Omeprazole (14 people, 16.47%)
- Gabapentin (9 people, 10.59%)
- Diclofenac sodium (8 people, 9.41%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 9.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol hydrochloride and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Tramadol Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Tramadol hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 47-year old woman with Depression Highs And Lows, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Blood Pressure Increased, Weight Gain, Weight Gain, Excessively Tired, Dry Hair, Constipated,
- A study of side effects of Vistaril for a 50-year old woman with Bipolar. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Zantac, Omeprazole, Gildess Fe 1/20, Plaquenil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Provigil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hives, Joint Pain, Gerd, Menstruation Irregular, Lupus, Anxiety, Nightmare, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Junel Fe 1/20, Zantac, Omeprazole, Ibuprofen, Plaquenil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Modafinil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Hives, Menstruation Irregular, Gerd, Joint Pain, Lupus, Nightmare, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Energy Increased. The patient has Frequent Headaches, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Crestor for a 38-year old woman with Birth Control, Ldl. The patient has Fatigue, Weight Gain
Recent Tramadol hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.