Review: could Tramadol cause Alcohol interaction?
Summary: Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Tramadol.
We study 38,642 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Alcohol interaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol interaction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Alcohol interaction >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 41,511 users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, personality disorder.(latest reports from Alcohol interaction 1,000 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 38,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Alcohol Interaction.
Time on Tramadol when people have Alcohol interaction * :
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Tramadol * :
|Alcohol interaction||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Tramadol * :
|Alcohol interaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Alcohol interaction when taking Tramadol ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol interaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alcoholic liver disease (3 people, 60.00%)
- Back pain (2 people, 40.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 20.00%)
- Mood swings (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (5 people, 100.00%)
- Alcohol (3 people, 60.00%)
- Spironolactone (3 people, 60.00%)
- Propranolol (1 people, 20.00%)
- Tiopronin (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alcohol Interaction while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Alcohol Interaction
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Alcohol Interaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone experience heart palpitations causedby their acid reflux ?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Photophobia, Silent Migraine, Blepharitis, Atypical Gerd/LPR/Silent Reflux, IBS, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and takes Tramadol)
- I have been having a horrible reaction to tramadol now from the er doctor. what do i do now for pain . i've tried the shots made things even worse. so many trials it's hurts 2 try to gr better ? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who takes Tramadol)
- Can you loose weight while taking hydroxyzine?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Have IC And Noticed Weight Gain While Taking Hydroxyzine, and takes Ultram, Hydroxyzine Pamoate)
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
- So ive been on tramadol for about 4 months. i have been on my period for 19 days and tested positive on 3 pregnancy test! could these be false positives
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Bleeding For 3 Wks Had 3 Positive Pregnancy Test. Could These Be False?, and takes Tramadol)
More questions for: Tramadol, Alcohol interaction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
(Posted by a 20 year old man who has Colostotoma Also Trapped Muscles, and takes Naproxen, Tramadol, Codeine)
- Burning mouth syndrome
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Burning Tongue Syndrome, and takes Tramadol)
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
More reviews for: Tramadol, Alcohol interaction
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Endep, Lyrica, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuralgic Pain. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Neuralgic Pain
Comments: I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Zantac
Comments: I do not understand I have been taking Alprazalam because I had a nervous breakdown in 1991 when I lost my first grandson at four months and four days so the doctor put me on this medication and told me not to get off of it. I do know what happens when I do not have it I have seizers, tear a complet ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Back Pain. The patient has Sharp Pain In Left Mid Rib Cage Area Radiates To My Back
Comments: just taken off hydrocodone(which was helping) my broken back. Then I was put on tramadol, This is not helping my pain at all, instead I feel dizzy and feel sharp pains in my left mid rib cage area that radiates to my back. this is a sharp pain. Would the Tramadol be causing this??
More related studies for: Tramadol, Alcohol interaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.