Tramadol and Anxiety disorder - from FDA reports
Anxiety disorder is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Anxiety disorder with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 70 people (0.08%) have Anxiety disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Anxiety disorder *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anxiety disorder when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 72.31 %
- male: 27.69 %
Age of people who have Anxiety disorder when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.92 %
- 30-39: 27.87 %
- 40-49: 8.2 %
- 50-59: 31.15 %
- 60+: 27.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (14 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (14 people, 20.00%)
- Back Pain (13 people, 18.57%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (10 people, 14.29%)
- Major Depression (5 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec (20 people, 28.57%)
- Norvasc (19 people, 27.14%)
- Xanax (16 people, 22.86%)
- Lyrica (15 people, 21.43%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 21.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Memory Loss (24 people, 34.29%)
- Agitation (23 people, 32.86%)
- Stress And Anxiety (22 people, 31.43%)
- Insomnia (22 people, 31.43%)
- Back Pain (22 people, 31.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Anxiety disorder when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is anxiety disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAnxiety disorder and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnxiety disorder and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Anxiety disorder has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, osteopenia (latest reports from 19,232 Anxiety disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Anxiety disorderAnxiety disorder
Could your condition cause Anxiety disorderAnxiety disorder
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been on Buspar 5 mg twice daily for almost 2 weeks and it has helped but I'm still having moments of anxiety and my doc has said I can increase to 7.5 mg twice a day but I'm apprehensive that is could make the anxiety worse. I welcome any feedback. Thanks!
I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
Hi, I'm on here looking for anyone who has similar symptoms as my 79 year old mum. She's been taking tramadol for 8 years (50mg twice daily). She has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to try to understand if the extreme fatigue she is experiencing is due to the tramadol ...