Could Tramadol cause Arrhythmia - from FDA reports
Arrhythmia is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Pain . We study 23,377 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA. Among them, 351 have Arrhythmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arrhythmia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 77,236 users)
Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,430 Arrhythmia patients).
On Nov, 17, 2016
23,377 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 351 people (1.5%) have Arrhythmia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Arrhythmia *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 65.83 %
- male: 34.17 %
Age of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.32 %
- 2-9: 1.6 %
- 10-19: 0.96 %
- 20-29: 6.41 %
- 30-39: 10.9 %
- 40-49: 11.86 %
- 50-59: 21.15 %
- 60+: 46.79 %
Severity of Arrhythmia **:
- least: 40 %
- moderate: 20 %
- severe: 40 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (60 people, 17.09%)
- Aspirin (45 people, 12.82%)
- Paracetamol (31 people, 8.83%)
- Citalopram (29 people, 8.26%)
- Prilosec (28 people, 7.98%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Tramadol, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- High Blood Pressure (30 people, 8.55%)
- Analgesic Therapy (24 people, 6.84%)
- Multiple Myeloma (20 people, 5.70%)
- Stress And Anxiety (19 people, 5.41%)
- Muscle Spasms (19 people, 5.41%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Breathing Difficulty (74 people, 21.08%)
- Stress And Anxiety (69 people, 19.66%)
- Weakness (68 people, 19.37%)
- Nausea (60 people, 17.09%)
- Fatigue (60 people, 17.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arrhythmia when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is arrhythmia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ArrhythmiaArrhythmia
Could your condition cause ArrhythmiaArrhythmia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
Either 1 1/2 or 2 50mg a night with drinking. It started with a knee injury 25 years ago. I take it to sleep, I'm always in some form of old age pain. I drink and smoke pot and take a tramadol. If I don't do these things I get zero sleep, but with them I pass out and get about 4 hours, then ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, In May I had a very back pain and end up in the ER room. Doctor prescribed tramadol and muscle relaxer. I took one or two tramadol for a couple of days. I was very sick and keep sick for the following weeks, with dizziness, nausea, vomiting and my right ear was clogged. I went to ENT and ...
I am 64 years and take tramadol due to pain from a spinal fusion, bursitis and knee pain. Still in pain but changing doctors and hoping they could fix the nerve pain. I am experiencing hot flashes that come and go and I think they are from the tramadol. Thinking of quitting to relieve the hot ...
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
My name is Francia and I have been diagnosed with endometriosis five years ago after at least ten years of having symptoms. I had my gallbladder removed due to stones, my appendix had a large endometrial tumor and it was removed too. I also had a total hysterectomy in order to manage the ...