Tramadol and Atrial fibrillation - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Atrial fibrillation with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 17, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 905 people (1.09%) have Atrial fibrillation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Atrial fibrillation *:
- < 1 month: 70 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 55.37 %
- male: 44.63 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.13 %
- 10-19: 0.39 %
- 20-29: 0.13 %
- 30-39: 1.31 %
- 40-49: 3.66 %
- 50-59: 15.03 %
- 60+: 79.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (76 people, 8.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (72 people, 7.96%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (56 people, 6.19%)
- Constipation (45 people, 4.97%)
- Preventive Health Care (43 people, 4.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (170 people, 18.78%)
- Lasix (151 people, 16.69%)
- Digoxin (146 people, 16.13%)
- Furosemide (142 people, 15.69%)
- Coumadin (133 people, 14.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (165 people, 18.23%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (155 people, 17.13%)
- Pneumonia (118 people, 13.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (115 people, 12.71%)
- Weakness (110 people, 12.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Atrial fibrillation when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is atrial fibrillation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAtrial fibrillation and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtrial fibrillation and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 Atrial fibrillation patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
Could your condition cause Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
User reviews to the study
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue