Review: could Tramadol cause Decreased appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Decreased appetite is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,712 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 631 have Decreased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Decreased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have Decreased appetite >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,572 Tramadol users)
Decreased appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,329 Decreased appetite patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 38,699 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 631 people (1.63%) have Decreased Appetite.
Time on Tramadol when people have Decreased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Decreased appetite||44.44%||13.89%||0.00%||1.39%||40.28%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Tramadol * :
|Decreased appetite||67.87%||32.13% |
Age of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Tramadol * :
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||1.70%||1.87%||14.82%||10.22%||25.38%||46.00% |
Severity of Decreased appetite when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Decreased appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Decreased appetite||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (112 people, 17.75%)
- Depression (69 people, 10.94%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 6.97%)
- Anxiety (40 people, 6.34%)
- Neck pain (39 people, 6.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (468 people, 74.17%)
- Aspirin (119 people, 18.86%)
- Omeprazole (94 people, 14.90%)
- Lorazepam (87 people, 13.79%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (78 people, 12.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol and decreased appetite on
Do you have Decreased Appetite while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Decreased Appetite
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Decreased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 22-year old woman with Chronic Pain. The patient has Stuttering
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Celebrex for a 65-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 51-year old woman with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive. The patient has Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.