Home > Tramadol > Dementia > Tramadol and Dementia
Review: could Tramadol cause Dementia?
We study 38,575 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 77 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Dementia >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,430 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Dementia (madness) (latest reports from 45,442 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 38,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 78 people (0.20%) have Dementia.
Time on Tramadol when people have Dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (10 people, 12.82%)
- Breast cancer (8 people, 10.26%)
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 10.26%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 7.69%)
- Headache (4 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (56 people, 71.79%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 30.77%)
- Levaquin (21 people, 26.92%)
- Digoxin (19 people, 24.36%)
- Cephalexin (17 people, 21.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia while taking Tramadol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Tramadol and have Dementia
- group for people who take Tramadol
- group for people who have Dementia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Andria on May, 9, 2013:
52 yr old female, living osteo arthritis, major depression, bipolar 2 and chronic asthma taking Tramadol and sertraline and Seretide
Possible side effects
From this study (2 years ago):
At 87 the symptoms are devastating. Body and limbs itch. Recently the memory has faded and
I wander at night delusional.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Tramadol, Dementia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Dementia
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide
- Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Splinter Haemorrhages