Tramadol and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levaquin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 138 people (0.17%) have Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 57.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 73.68 %
- male: 26.32 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.88 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.88 %
- 40-49: 6.19 %
- 50-59: 9.73 %
- 60+: 82.3 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (13 people, 9.42%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (12 people, 8.70%)
- Preventive Health Care (10 people, 7.25%)
- Headache (10 people, 7.25%)
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 6.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (23 people, 16.67%)
- Zometa (20 people, 14.49%)
- Cephalexin (19 people, 13.77%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 13.77%)
- Lyrica (18 people, 13.04%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (43 people, 31.16%)
- Memory Loss (38 people, 27.54%)
- Stress And Anxiety (32 people, 23.19%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (32 people, 23.19%)
- Depression (32 people, 23.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dementia when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is dementia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDementia and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDementia and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,158 Dementia patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia
Could your condition cause DementiaDementia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
Hi, I'm on here looking for anyone who has similar symptoms as my 79 year old mum. She's been taking tramadol for 8 years (50mg twice daily). She has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to try to understand if the extreme fatigue she is experiencing is due to the tramadol ...