Home > Tramadol > Depression > Tramadol and Depression
Review: could Tramadol cause Depression?
We study 38,575 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,239 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Depression >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,430 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Depression (latest reports from 1,153,652 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 38,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,239 people (3.21%) have Depression.
Time on Tramadol when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Depression when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (273 people, 22.03%)
- Depression (253 people, 20.42%)
- Anxiety (158 people, 12.75%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (148 people, 11.95%)
- Hypertension (74 people, 5.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (832 people, 67.15%)
- Aspirin (196 people, 15.82%)
- Omeprazole (183 people, 14.77%)
- Lorazepam (170 people, 13.72%)
- Neurontin (162 people, 13.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Tramadol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Tramadol and have Depression
- group for people who take Tramadol
- group for people who have Depression
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis too. Chronic headaches are dizziness are awful and debilitating.
From this study (3 months ago):
I stopped taking all of these 48 hours ago and think I am experiencing withdrawal
From this study (4 months ago):
I'm using tramadol without any reason by now. I developed a physical and mental addiction, whose physical signs of withdrawal are bearable but the mental signs are too severe. My mood goes from mania to depression immediately.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Tramadol, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Tramadol, Depression
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (7 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Prostatic Adenoma