Review: could Tramadol cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,642 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 294 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Dry mouth >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 41,511 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 38,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 294 people (0.76%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Tramadol when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||73.53%||5.88%||2.94%||5.88%||5.88%||2.94%||2.94% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Tramadol * :
|Dry mouth||69.45%||30.55% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Tramadol * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.39%||7.72%||8.88%||19.31%||21.24%||42.47% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (62 people, 21.09%)
- Back pain (31 people, 10.54%)
- Depression (28 people, 9.52%)
- Osteoporosis (25 people, 8.50%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (24 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (198 people, 67.35%)
- Lyrica (49 people, 16.67%)
- Nexium (48 people, 16.33%)
- Omeprazole (45 people, 15.31%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (41 people, 13.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tramadol, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
(Posted by a 20 year old man who has Colostotoma Also Trapped Muscles, and takes Naproxen, Tramadol, Codeine)
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Burning Tongue Syndrome, and takes Tramadol)
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Dry mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Endep, Lyrica, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuralgic Pain. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Neuralgic Pain
Comments: I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
More related studies for: Tramadol, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.