Tramadol and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 650 people (0.78%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 81.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.85 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.85 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 1.85 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 72.32 %
- male: 27.68 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.44 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 6.38 %
- 40-49: 17.28 %
- 50-59: 22.84 %
- 60+: 46.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (61 people, 9.38%)
- Depression (55 people, 8.46%)
- High Blood Pressure (54 people, 8.31%)
- Back Pain (47 people, 7.23%)
- Sleep Disorder (41 people, 6.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (86 people, 13.23%)
- Nexium (65 people, 10.00%)
- Omeprazole (63 people, 9.69%)
- Gabapentin (55 people, 8.46%)
- Cymbalta (50 people, 7.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (157 people, 24.15%)
- Fatigue (155 people, 23.85%)
- Nausea (146 people, 22.46%)
- Headache (143 people, 22.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (130 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,456 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Either 1 1/2 or 2 50mg a night with drinking. It started with a knee injury 25 years ago. I take it to sleep, I'm always in some form of old age pain. I drink and smoke pot and take a tramadol. If I don't do these things I get zero sleep, but with them I pass out and get about 4 hours, then ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
Hi, I'm on here looking for anyone who has similar symptoms as my 79 year old mum. She's been taking tramadol for 8 years (50mg twice daily). She has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to try to understand if the extreme fatigue she is experiencing is due to the tramadol ...