Review: could Tramadol cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 35,666 people who take Tramadol. Among them, 2,114 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,165 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain, acupuncture and pain. Commonly reported side effects of Tramadol include nausea aggravated, nausea, pain exacerbated, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,515,806 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 35,601 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,949 people (5.47%) have Fatigue.
Time on Tramadol when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (418 people, 21.45%)
- Hypertension (167 people, 8.57%)
- Depression (150 people, 7.70%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (133 people, 6.82%)
- Renal failure chronic (99 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (1,594 people, 81.79%)
- Aspirin (414 people, 21.24%)
- Lisinopril (323 people, 16.57%)
- Furosemide (305 people, 15.65%)
- Omeprazole (271 people, 13.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Tramadol, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Tramadol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Tramadol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
want to find out of all my pain is a condition as well as my promary condition of back surgery and back pain
From this study (2 months ago):
I started losing my hair more when I started taking the tramadol for pain. I have lost quite a bit of hair since then and started balding on the top of my head. I don't know if it is hormonal or from all the medication I am on because I know that can cause hair loss also. My hair is also limp and lifeless and I have gained about 15 pounds since being on the tramadol. It is the only medication that helps with my pain and chronic anxiety caused by the Cymbalta so I don't know what else to do.
From this study (3 months ago):
use to take darvocet..........great on headaches.....took for 20 years....then removed from market.....so tired and weak that I have trouble getting up two steps to home.......blood levels ok....AC1 is 6..thyroid ok,
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
More questions for: Tramadol, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Diazepam, Gabapentin, Morphine, Oramorph Sr, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Back Pain, Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Pain - Elbow (Elbow pain), Migraine, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Pain - Knee (Knee pain), Bone Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Progesterone, Estrogenic Substance, Ibuprofen, Natural DHEA, Hydrocortisone, Armour Thyroid, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Tramadol, Tegretol-xr for a patient with Hypopituitarism, Fibromyalgia, Bipolar 2. The patient has Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Increased Appetite (Appetite - increased), Mood Swings, Weight Gain - Unintentional (Weight increased), Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Iron EDTA, Calcium, Protonix, Prozac, Metformin Hydrochloride, Atenolol for a patient with Migraine, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin Supplementation, Stomachache, Headache, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Management. The patient has Headache, Tiredness (Fatigue), Sleepiness (Drowsiness)
More related studies for: Tramadol, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.