Tramadol and Hallucinations - from FDA reports
Hallucinations is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Hallucinations with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 934 people (1.12%) have Hallucinations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Hallucinations *:
- < 1 month: 77.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.96 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.76 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.93 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.88 %
- 10+ years: 0.44 %
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 60.29 %
- male: 39.71 %
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.69 %
- 10-19: 2.62 %
- 20-29: 4.55 %
- 30-39: 6.89 %
- 40-49: 9.23 %
- 50-59: 19.97 %
- 60+: 56.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (128 people, 13.70%)
- Back Pain (90 people, 9.64%)
- Analgesic Therapy (45 people, 4.82%)
- Joint Pain (39 people, 4.18%)
- Neuralgia (35 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (80 people, 8.57%)
- Paracetamol (68 people, 7.28%)
- Furosemide (64 people, 6.85%)
- Omeprazole (56 people, 6.00%)
- Aspirin (56 people, 6.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (235 people, 25.16%)
- Nausea (144 people, 15.42%)
- Stress And Anxiety (132 people, 14.13%)
- Fatigue (127 people, 13.60%)
- Memory Loss (125 people, 13.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hallucinations when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is hallucinations caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHallucinations and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHallucinations and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,456 users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 39,647 Hallucinations patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HallucinationsHallucinations
Could your condition cause HallucinationsHallucinations
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My wife has been taking Xyrem for 3-4 months. It has been an outstandingly positive experience for her. As she states, she feels she has arisen out of a 17-year coma. However, recently she has a serious setback. She had a hallucination of an event with customers at work. She called ...
I have been on one med or another for 25 yrs ,this happened to me in 2015 and prompted me to quit all metal health meds and lost trust in doctors in the field. it started when Trazodone was added. My dreams were very vivid and sometimes kind of scary, I would lucid dream, taking control when I ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
I have been taking tumeric capsules for about 2 months and I bought a new mattress. I can feel something moving inside the mattress. Everyone is saying it's all in my head, I know what I feel. Has anyone else experienced something like this?