Tramadol and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 806 people (0.97%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 54.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 5.71 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 76.74 %
- male: 23.26 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.33 %
- 10-19: 1.14 %
- 20-29: 3.59 %
- 30-39: 4.58 %
- 40-49: 18.46 %
- 50-59: 29.25 %
- 60+: 42.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (119 people, 14.76%)
- High Blood Pressure (109 people, 13.52%)
- Depression (86 people, 10.67%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (60 people, 7.44%)
- Multiple Myeloma (57 people, 7.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (192 people, 23.82%)
- Zometa (181 people, 22.46%)
- Aspirin (127 people, 15.76%)
- Neurontin (120 people, 14.89%)
- Prilosec (107 people, 13.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (260 people, 32.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (202 people, 25.06%)
- Back Pain (195 people, 24.19%)
- Nausea (189 people, 23.45%)
- Weakness (182 people, 22.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.