Review: could Tramadol cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,712 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,244 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have High blood pressure >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,576 Tramadol users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 38,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,187 people (3.07%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Tramadol when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||57.26%||9.40%||8.55%||9.40%||9.40%||5.13%||0.85% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Tramadol * :
|High blood pressure||73.49%||26.51% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Tramadol * :
|High blood pressure||0.19%||0.10%||1.45%||2.12%||8.67%||17.34%||27.46%||42.68% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||7.41%||66.67%||22.22%||3.70% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||5.88%||23.53%||70.59% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (215 people, 18.11%)
- Hypertension (174 people, 14.66%)
- Depression (114 people, 9.60%)
- Anxiety (114 people, 9.60%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (81 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (927 people, 78.10%)
- Aspirin (280 people, 23.59%)
- Omeprazole (164 people, 13.82%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (151 people, 12.72%)
- Lipitor (132 people, 11.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension, Bruise
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a 71-year old man with Infection. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.