Home > Tramadol > Hypertension > Tramadol and Hypertension
Review: could Tramadol cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,627 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,184 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Hypertension >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,482 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,152,135 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 38,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,252 people (3.24%) have Hypertension.
Time on Tramadol when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (217 people, 17.33%)
- Hypertension (177 people, 14.14%)
- Depression (116 people, 9.27%)
- Anxiety (114 people, 9.11%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (81 people, 6.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (963 people, 76.92%)
- Aspirin (284 people, 22.68%)
- Omeprazole (174 people, 13.90%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (164 people, 13.10%)
- Lipitor (134 people, 10.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- Can i take hytrin10mg aat night andlosartin12.5 in morning
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure)
I AM PRONE TO BOTTOMING OUT WITH BP MEDICINE, just NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE THE HYTRIN AT NIGHT ANT LOSARTIN IN MORNING?
- Can i take hytrin10mg at night andlosartin 12.5in mornings safeley
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Iron Deficiciency Anemia, High Blood Pressure)
I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO TAKE NEW BP MEDICINE AS I AM PRONE TO BOTTOMING OUT EASILY
More questions for: Tramadol, Hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
More reviews for: Tramadol, Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Zantac
Comments: I do not understand I have been taking Alprazalam because I had a nervous breakdown in 1991 when I lost my first grandson at four months and four days so the doctor put me on this medication and told me not to get off of it. I do know what happens when I do not have it I have seizers, tear a complet ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Relafen, Tramadol, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Androgel for a patient with ADHD, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Hyopothy, Hypogonadism Male. The patient has Hyperhidrosis
Comments: Understandably many of these medications/conditions can cause sweating, but I am suffering from generalized sweating upper body chest and head more than under arms or hands or feet. Not localized. Does the androjel if applied to areas of the chest have a 'pore plugging' effect? I feel a film on m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Lower Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain
Comments: I was having a problem with weight gain and went to my Dr. for help she had me on 20mg of Celexa at night and 300mg of Buprpion XL during the day. It really worked for my Anxiety and Depression. I started feeling bad dragging around and went in for blood work I had terribly high triglycerides, high ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Osteoarthritis. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss
Comments: - Consulted physician for ear pain and hearing loss, in both ears, most significantly in left. These symptoms occurred OVERNIGHT, and I called the physician within two days. She was out of the office that week, but her PA prescribed an ear drop solution-7,5 Ciprodex OT 0.3-0.1% SUS A - Instructions: ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
More related studies for: Tramadol, Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.