Review: could Tramadol cause Hypertension?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 35,666 people who take Tramadol. Among them, 1,193 have Hypertension. See who they are, when they have Hypertension and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,165 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Tramadol include nausea aggravated, nausea, pain exacerbated, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,129,368 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 35,601 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,155 people (3.24%) have Hypertension.
Time on Tramadol when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (203 people, 17.58%)
- Hypertension (161 people, 13.94%)
- Depression (113 people, 9.78%)
- Anxiety (109 people, 9.44%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (76 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (934 people, 80.87%)
- Aspirin (271 people, 23.46%)
- Omeprazole (159 people, 13.77%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (137 people, 11.86%)
- Nexium (129 people, 11.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Tramadol, Hypertension
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Tramadol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Tramadol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Depression, moderate Hypertension not controlled yet. Joint pain... Shoulder Osteoarthritis worth necrosis and bone spurs. New shoulder with in the next 5 years.
From this study (4 months ago):
Normal to slightly low one year ago, moderate to high now, 11 months after accident.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
- Is it safe to take losartan potassium with a combination of full spectrum boswellia & curcumin
Lots of pain in back, legs and knees due to arthritis.
More questions for: Tramadol, Hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Hypertension
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Zolpidem, Effexor, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Cymbalta, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Losartan, Furosemide for a patient with Joint Injury, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Depression, Chronic Depression, Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Tramadol for a patient with Sleeplessness, Pain. The patient has High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Tramadol, Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.