Review: could Tramadol cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,712 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 271 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have Low blood sugar >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,572 Tramadol users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,733 Low blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 38,699 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 271 people (0.70%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Tramadol when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||82.26%||3.23%||0.00%||9.68%||1.61%||3.23%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Tramadol * :
|Low blood sugar||48.68%||51.32% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Tramadol * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.72%||2.16%||9.35%||12.59%||14.03%||15.11%||46.04% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood sugar||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (44 people, 16.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (34 people, 12.55%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (27 people, 9.96%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 9.23%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (15 people, 5.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (229 people, 84.50%)
- Aspirin (66 people, 24.35%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (59 people, 21.77%)
- Lantus (51 people, 18.82%)
- Acetaminophen (48 people, 17.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol and low blood sugar on
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Joint Pain, Tendon Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Baclofen
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 58-year old man with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Albumin Csf, High Arch (human foot type in which the sole of the foot is distinctly hollow when bearing weight), High Arch (human foot type in which the sole of the foot is distinctly hollow when bearing weight)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.