Tramadol and Mouth ulceration - from FDA reports
Mouth ulceration is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Mouth ulceration with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 282 people (0.34%) have Mouth ulceration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Mouth ulceration *:
- < 1 month: 86.96 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.04 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 72.45 %
- male: 27.55 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.03 %
- 30-39: 15.15 %
- 40-49: 7.36 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 41.13 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (59 people, 20.92%)
- High Blood Pressure (28 people, 9.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 7.45%)
- Kidney Infection (pyelonephritis) (12 people, 4.26%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (12 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (35 people, 12.41%)
- Methotrexate (34 people, 12.06%)
- Ondansetron (30 people, 10.64%)
- Naproxen (27 people, 9.57%)
- Ativan (26 people, 9.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gait Disturbance (62 people, 21.99%)
- Appetite - Decreased (57 people, 20.21%)
- Rashes (54 people, 19.15%)
- Diarrhea (54 people, 19.15%)
- Fatigue (53 people, 18.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mouth ulceration when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is mouth ulceration caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMouth ulceration and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMouth ulceration and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,456 users)
Mouth ulceration (mouth ulcers) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 14,731 Mouth ulceration patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
Could your condition cause Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Either 1 1/2 or 2 50mg a night with drinking. It started with a knee injury 25 years ago. I take it to sleep, I'm always in some form of old age pain. I drink and smoke pot and take a tramadol. If I don't do these things I get zero sleep, but with them I pass out and get about 4 hours, then ...
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??