Review: could Tramadol cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,642 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,978 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 41,511 users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Nausea and vomiting 141,518 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 38,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,978 people (5.12%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Tramadol when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||67.00%||12.33%||4.33%||3.33%||12.67%||0.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol * :
|Nausea and vomiting||69.72%||30.28% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.11%||0.00%||2.89%||7.47%||11.93%||15.53%||19.18%||42.89% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||3.23%||51.61%||41.94%||3.23% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||18.18%||27.27%||54.55% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (395 people, 19.97%)
- Depression (161 people, 8.14%)
- Hypertension (137 people, 6.93%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (126 people, 6.37%)
- Back pain (113 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (1,574 people, 79.58%)
- Aspirin (336 people, 16.99%)
- Omeprazole (260 people, 13.14%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (240 people, 12.13%)
- Acetaminophen (220 people, 11.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tramadol, Nausea and vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Savella)
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Nausea and vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Endep, Lyrica, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuralgic Pain. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Neuralgic Pain
Comments: I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
More related studies for: Tramadol, Nausea and vomiting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.