Review: could Tramadol cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,712 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,980 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,576 Tramadol users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,502 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 38,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 1,980 people (5.11%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Tramadol when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||66.89%||12.25%||4.30%||3.31%||12.58%||0.66%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol * :
|Nausea and vomiting||69.70%||30.30% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.11%||0.00%||2.89%||7.46%||11.92%||15.57%||19.16%||42.90% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||3.03%||51.52%||42.42%||3.03% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||15.38%||30.77%||53.85% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (397 people, 20.05%)
- Depression (161 people, 8.13%)
- Hypertension (137 people, 6.92%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (126 people, 6.36%)
- Back pain (113 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (1,574 people, 79.49%)
- Aspirin (336 people, 16.97%)
- Omeprazole (260 people, 13.13%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (240 people, 12.12%)
- Acetaminophen (220 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 34-year old woman with Rheumatoid Factor Positive. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.